6/2/14

Deciding the Tone of Your Article Before You Write

          Here is how I decide the tone of my article before I write: I decide what I write partially by what is happening as an issue in my life at the time I am writing it, among other factors that count also in my life. It is sort of how John Lennon and Paul McCartney probably wrote the song "In My Life", based on something that happened in their lives. It is a funny thing, but, the biggest articles I write come from my experiences combined with some of the experiences of other people in the same subject. For, here is a reality: If people can relate they will read, and benefit.
          Think and think deeply: If you write in a vacuum, that is the result you will get, a vacuum without readers interested. But, if you write about reality that everyone can relate to, you can and will get readers. I know, that is very basic, but marketing is basic with the application of those basic principles being complicated. Sell well, sell persistently, and sell with sense, and you will make it.

          I remember one of the best "persuasion experts" I ever knew, it was my Godfather Charles Edward Simmons who went by Simon Chuckster, he taught me the secret of successful persuasion: Make anything relatable to the people you are selling to, and you can persuade from there. That is basic advice, but to get your finger on that "small button" that persuades them to buy in their mind, you have to find the relatable combination. That is the same with good writing. What I mean by the "relatable combination" is this: Can you relate to this as a reality along with everyone else that reads it or that you are communicating to? Can you relate realistic thoughts relative to the situation that you are in and that others would be in, and give information that would enhance that situation to be successful in application of the principles given? If both questions can be answered yes, then you can give successful advice in print or on the screen. If you do not answer those questions at all or answer negatively, then it could be interpreted as nonsense. I did not say that it is interpreted as nonsense, but it could be. Because I am giving my opinions on what good writing is, as well as the facts I understand. The best writers are the most relatable to what is going on in reality or "they genuinely have their finger on the pulse beat of what matters in reality", yes, what matters in their own reality and the reality of other people inside and outside of their circles. "Timeless" writers have a universal understanding of what to write and why to write it. After all, the relatable combination is most important when considering literature or writing really, because it is the measure of reality, especially when deciding the tone of what works in the realities of writing or any art form.
My name is Joshua Clayton, I am a freelance writer based in Inglewood, California. I also write under a few pen-names and aliases, but Joshua Clayton is my real name, and I write by that for the most part now. I am a philosophical writer and objective thinker and honest action taker. I also work at a senior center in Gardena, California as my day job, among other things, but primarily I am a writer.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Joshua_Clayton
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/8307174

No comments:

Post a Comment